One of the biggest problems that most of us face is home wall decoration. Especially when it comes to that one wall behind the sofa. Filling up that blank canvas seems like a difficult job. But mainly the reason behind this is wanting the wall décor to be such that it makes the sofa set stand out. The wall décor should be done in a way that is prominent but doesn’t overshadow other elements of the room.
We know how difficult this can be, so we have come up with a few hacks that you can make use of for your home wall decoration. These hacks are good for such cases all the while making sure that the sofa set doesn’t go unnoticed:
- Home wall decoration using a Large Oversized Mirror: Mirrors are always a fun way to play around with any blank space. The space above your sofa set can be easily decorated with mirrors; by grouping a few smaller ones together or placing one big mirror there instead. This will give a dramatic look to that blank canvas, which was much needed. Remember, always consider an empty wall as an endless opportunities regarding décor.
- A Grid of 4 or More Prints: Symmetry is important to keep in mind when decorating your room. This also applies when you are looking into the home wall decoration of any other space. Symmetry helps give a sense of order to any space. This is why it will be a good idea to form a grid of different prints over the wall of your sofa set. This will not only help fill a space but would also create a symmetrical focal point. Such a room, with symmetrical decor, is also considered to be more calming. That is because the eyes don’t jump around the room and space too much.
- Grouping Prints in Different Sizes: Another good idea for your home wall decoration is to create a gallery wall above your sofa set. This is similar to what has been recommended in the grid hack but here we form a gallery of different prints and artworks. However, one thing to be kept in mind is that the arrangement of prints here is going to be much simpler than what is usually created for a gallery wall. You don’t want to create a big web where the eye would jump around too much and cause uneasiness.
- A Single Large Painting: This is completely opposite to a gallery wall or the usual big web that is created in the name of a gallery wall. The recommendation here is to simply place one large vertical or horizontal painting right above your sofa. The benefit of doing so is that it causes less of a hassle. You don’t have to coordinate much or even match it with the rest of the décor and interior of the room. This will make the wall look polished and less busy as compared to what it would’ve been in the case of a gallery wall. It’s simple. It’s quick. Just one large piece of art that you love and you’re all set!
- A Set of Mirrors: Setting up a group of mirrors on the wall or different areas of the wall, is a good way to lighten up your dark room. If you have a dark room, this is the best hack you can make use of. But why do we say that? Because having multiple mirrors placed on the wall would help the light coming in bounce around and make the space look brighter; just like it should. The mirrors help a room look chic, simple and they set in well with any kind of room interior at all. You don’t have to put in much effort as compared to rest of the interior ideas.
- Pair of Mirrors or Prints: Placing a pair of mirrors or prints is always a good idea. They don’t just help create symmetry and make the room have a calming effect , but also create versatility. By versatility, we mean that since you get things in pairs, you can even divide them amongst two different rooms if you want.
- Blletin Board with Rotating Art: Having a bulletin board right above your sofa set is always a good idea. It creates room for placement of art and for it to be rotated in and out. These artworks don’t necessarily have to be fancy. They can be family portraits or some of your child’s art creations framed. Just mix and match! That’s the fun part about a bulletin board! This is a great idea for your living room or even a playroom
- Creating a Gallery Wall: Creating a gallery wall is simple and quick. But like we said, a gallery wall gives a busy feel and can make your room look the same as well. The trick here is to create the gallery wall in a room that has a simple interior so that the wall balances it out. But before you nail things into the wall, arrange them first, see how they look and then get to the nailing part. The fun thing about a gallery wall is that you can keep adding to it as you acquire new favorite pieces.
- A Wall of Nothingness: If you are still confused about what to do with the blank wall behind your sofa, then this is the hack for you. Simply place your sofa in front of a window and you don’t need to do anything else! The maximum that you’d need to do is to add some nice and pretty drapery panels. And that’s it! You’re good to go.
These are some of the ways you can use to enhance the home wall decoration of the space right above your sofa set. There are more tips and tricks that you can make use of as well, which are not only simple but also budget-friendly. But to start off these should help you just fine. Happy decorating!